BELIEVE Fundraising Packets have gone home with your student!
This fundraiser will run through September 18th! Take a look at this beautiful catalog and get some of that holiday shopping done early! Your family can win extra prizes when you go to BelievePrizes.com. Thank you for supporting our school!
Kick off for the Innisbrook fundraising is September 4th and continues through the 18th. Please keep an eye out for emails and informations coming soon!
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Ocean View PTA is a recipient of funds from Fred Meyer Community Rewards. You can easily link you Fred Meyer Rewards card to Ocean View PTA. Go to http://www.fredmeyer.com click on the community rewards tab and link your card. Monies collected from this program go to supporting Science Day and end of the school year activities like Seal Day.
Ocean View Specialists (aka PTA) is a recipient of funds from the Carrs eScrips program. Go to http://www.escrip.com to link your Carrs card to Ocean View Specialists. Funds will be distributed among our school specialties (music, chorus, art and PE).
When signing up for your PFD, and given the option of giving to the Pick-Click-Give program, think about donating to Ocean View PTA. These monies have been earmarked for improving our playground. A committee has been formed and new ideas are being brainstormed now!
Grants for Teachers
Alaska PTA Health and Wellness Minigrants up to $3,500 for activities to reduce screen time and obesity. Applications Due April 30. (Note: the Alaska PTA website seems to be having some problems at the time of this posting.)
Alaska State Council on the Arts has a number of Arts in Education programs that support short term artist residencies, long-term after school arts programs, or opportunities for students to engage with arts activities outside of school.
- Excursion Grants are up to $600 to transport students to arts events. Applications are due 90 days before the scheduled event.
- Artists in Schools supports short-term artist residencies during the school day. Applications are due April 1 and November 1.
- Project Grants are matching awards of up to $6,000 in support of high-quality arts and cultural programs for youth that emphasize skill acquisition and direct participation in settings outside of the school day/year. Deadlines are June 1 and December 1.
- Access Grants are awards of up to $1,000 to support high-quality, less than two weeks arts and cultural activities for grades K-12 at a school site during the school day. Deadline is at least 30 working days prior to the activity start.
Donors Choose is a crowd-sourcing site that lets individuals directly support teacher projects. Projects can be launched at any time.
Anchorage Schools Foundation is a fund at Alaska Community that provides small grants (up to $500) to accelerate academic achievement, test new ideas, and support innovative projects. School professionals including principals, teachers, nurses, counselors and others are invited to apply. There is one deadline per year, usually in October. Find the guidelines here.
ING Run for Something Better provides grants for K-8 school running programs. The deadline is May 15. Learn more here.
Lowes Toolbox for Education prefers funding requests that have a permanent impact such as facility enhancement (both indoor and outdoor) as well as landscaping/clean up type projects. Projects that encourage parent involvement and build stronger community spirit will be favored. The Fall 2012 grant cycle will open mid-July and close October 12th, 2012.
ASD maintains a full list of grant opportunities here.
Parents Getting Involved
There are many ways you can support Ocean View Elementary.
1. Box Tops
3. Annual Fundraising Campaigns like Innisbrook